This is us. We are not great (as our friends and family know) at keeping in regular touch and sending frequent photos. We hope to document big events and/or random good pics we though were worth sharing.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

The end of Mel's PhD.

Notice posted on campus letting people know about my public defence.

My first congratulations gift from a friend - a fruit bouquet.

My first (well, to date - only) mail address with "Dr".

Napkins from my supervisor, Fern Brunger - to me (Mel).

Book club "congratulation cupcakes" - made by my master's supervisor.

Fern Brunger - my PhD supervisor. She's great. This is immediately AFTER defending my dissertation. Excited about passing with distinction:)

Right after defence - with Scott, Maya, and Aidan. Bertha would have been bored beyond words - she didn't come.

Diana Gustafson (PhD Committee Member) & Fern Brunger after the defence.